Points to Ponder
- Are parents addressing the root causes of children’s stress?
- Why are parents still “unsatisfied with their child’s progress” despite adopting the “best” techniques and therapies?
- When parents think of recurring experiences in handling a child’s most challenging situation, are they aware of their own in terms of:
- Sense : physical sensation;
- Feel : emotional reactions; and,
- Know: words or thoughts?
- What does speaking positively mean to your child?
These issues will be explored in the book.
About This Book
The Breakthru Approach with 3P.L.A.Y. is a framework that aims to achieve positive growth result in handling high-challenge situations. Developed through more than 10 years of working with children and specially-abled people, this strategical approach seek first to remove the stress for the coach as well as the child thus paving way for true growth to occur.
The framework has been made alive in this book through the story of Max, a teenager who tackles his behavioural issues. With the support of his family and 3P.L.A.Y., Max breaks free from stress and strengthens his mental ability to function rationally. Obstacles are turned into opportunities.
What You Will Learn
- That you are the key to unlocking your child’s potential.
- Acquire vital information your child’s developmental patterns.
- Understand the truth that your child has more ability and potential beyond his ‘special’ label and challenges.
- You child learn differently. Find out how you can help.
- Your spouse doesn’t agree with your perspective on your child’s needs. What should you do?
- Your child isn’t coping with public school, or the school can’t cope with your child’s behaviour and learning needs. Where can you turn
- 3P.L.A.Y. is a safe, respectful and empowering process for everyone.
- Real Noticing. The right focus of how and what to notice.
- You heard of Primitive Reflexes but doesn’t know how vital is its role in your child’s development.
… and many more included, accompanied with real-life example!
- The Source of Stress And How It Starts In the Womb
- The Relevance of Erik Erikson’s Stages of Psychosocial Development.
- The 5 Stages of Planning the Breakthru Way
- 4 Steps To Connect The Missing Dots In A Child’s Development
- 3 Major Ways in Noticing – Sense, Feel and Know
- 3 Steps in Acknowledging A Child
- How to Notice An Improvement That’s Worth Celebrating
- How Dr Howards Gardner’s Multiple Intelligence Theory Plays A Part in 3P.L.A.Y.
- The Roles of Educational Kinesiology and Brain Gym in A Child’s Breakthrough
- 5 Strategical Steps to Support
- 3 Ways To Communicate Effectively
- 3 Ways To Express Appreciation
- How to Measure A Child’s Effective Progress – The I.C.I
- 3 Ways To Lead The Child In Moving Ahead
- 3 Ways In Realising Aspiration for Your Child
What the Review Says
“Phoebe has taken this concept of The Breakthru Approach with 3P.L.A.Y. and developed a concrete way to express how we can help our children, teenagers and young adults feel good about themselves. They then develop the ability to help themselves…” – Cecilia Koester, MEd, Founder of Movement Based Learning
“This book will not only inspire readers but also challenge them to consider what is possible when the self is placed in a position of ‘trusting the process’. Phoebe stands tall among her peers-‘she trusts the process.” – Glenys Leadbeater, NZRD, Dip OPTH
“I have personally seen how her journey with families has made a tremendous positive change in helping families deal better with children with special needs” – Johnben Loy, MBA, MTS, PhD
“This book gives me a lot of practical things to understand … how to communicate with children and their families, and also how to prepare ourselves as teachers.” – Ike. Sugianto, Psi
“I can confidently conclude that if you submit yourself to the Breakthru Approach, reconciliation will be easier.” – Datuk Dr Johnson Tee
“…she invites us to re-imagine ways forward that.., in collaboration with others, build a society where no one will be left behind.” – Rev Dr Sivin Kit, PhD
There are no reviews yet.